Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Funny Smells

My office building has some of the most random smells throughout it. For one, the basement smells like a petting zoo. I'm not even kidding. I went downstairs to get something from the vending machine, which I probably shouldn't, and as soon as I got off the elevator I was looking around trying to find the billy goats and ponies that must have been running around down there. It was awful.

I brought a friend inside to see my office once, and was told it smelled like the 80's. I didn't know that a decade had a smell, but my guess would be more like the 50's since that is how long the building has been around.

Occasionally someone will burn popcorn in my division. That is always lovely. I swear that smell lasts for several hours afterwards. And of course lunch time is always a treat. You really never know what it will end up smelling like at around 1:00 pm with everyone warming up last night's leftovers, lean cuisines, and hot pockets. Fettuccine and garlic bread have to be a personal favorite. It permeates the air so that it is almost like walking through a thick fog to get to my desk. You come out of the bathroom after someone has heated that stuff up, and it is like you get hit with this wall of garlic and Parmesan cheese. Watch out!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ew, those alfredo meals are the worst! I think they smell like vomit. YUM.