Okay so everyone at work was going crazy yesterday saying that our executives would close the building due to the upcoming snow storm. I usually disregard this because I don't want to get my hopes up, but for some reason I let myself get sucked in to thinking that we would have a snow day. Mostly, I just wanted to stay in, sleep in, and enjoy some pancakes and Tang at around 11 am.
I'm watching the news at 6, and all the newscasters are saying, "O yes, it's coming. We are going to be getting lots of snow, probably close to 6-8 inches." So now I am really psyched up about not going to work in the morning. 10 o'clock rolls around - no snow. 11 o'clock - no snow. Midnight - no snow. I wake up at 5 am, and we barely have a dusting of snow. Now, I'm mad. I go back to bed KNOWING that I will be getting up in an hour and half to have to go to work. Evil.
How can weather people be SO FAR OFF? Come on. We went from 6-8 inches, to barely a dusting of snow. I'd like to get a microphone, and ask, "So, how stupid do you feel now that we have hardly any snow? Did you mess up in your calculations somewhere? Did you forget to carry the one? Was this whole thing just a conspiracy to get people to buy milk and bread? Are you working with the supermarkets of the Marion county?"
Geez louise people. I understand that it is difficult to predict the weather, but it seems a bit ridiculous to be that far off with all the crazy technology we have these days. No more anticipating snow days for me. That way, I won't be disappointed, but delighted! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I woke up at 6:30 wondering if my team leader lost my phone number and didn't get to tell me I had a two hour delay. Then I looked outside.
Post a Comment